New to St. Andrew’s? All Are Welcome!
We all were new at one time, and we remember what it was like! Knowing that it’s easier to venture into a new place when you know what to expect, let us share who we are. We first Thank you for your interest in St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church. Our church is a place of fully devoted followers of Jesus who welcome, equip, and send people into our community and the world in order to bring others to Christ. One of our favorite worship songs is “All are welcome in this place.” Our prayer is that you’ll feel welcome here, and hope that after you have visited our website and/or worshipped with us, you will consider making St. Andrew’s your spiritual home.
St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church is a vibrant, exciting congregation in the Episcopal Diocese of Northern Indiana, which is comprised of congregations in the northern half of the state of Indiana. Our diocese is a part of a confederation of other dioceses which make up the Episcopal Church in the United States. The Episcopal Church, in turn, is a part of an international fellowship of faith known as the Anglican Communion made up of independent national Churches related historically to the Church of England.ur Vision Statement. If you are interested in learning more about us, we would be honored to join you in this exciting journey that we call “faith,” and we suggest that you please visit the Membership page on our website to get more information about growing deeper in your relationship with us.
- We believe in the Triune God (Father, Jesus his Son, and the Holy Spirit). One God, three persons. Our salvation is found in Jesus Christ.
- We believe that the Bible speaks to us today, and is the inspired Word of God, and is authoritative in all areas of our live.
- We believe in the Creeds of the Church. Written during the first centuries of Christianity, the Creeds define the faith of the Church.
We believe that the sacraments of Baptism and the Eucharist (Holy Communion) are sacraments of the Lord.
As a community of faith, we value:
- One Another – We love and care for each other because Jesus loves and cares for us all.
- Evangelism – We share our hope in Jesus with all who wonder whether there is more to life than the world offers, no matter who they are or what they have done, and to show them that Jesus wants to meet us all in the lives we lead today.
- Episcopal Worship – We praise and glorify God in open, inviting, and refreshing worship.
- Children and Youth – We believe our children and youth are gifts from God to us all and we take seriously our responsibility to plant the seeds of faith in them.
- Transformation – We see God changing the lives of those who seek Him and loving the world through us.
Tuesday–Friday 9:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
219-462-4946 If you have an urgent need for pastoral care on a night, weekend, or holiday, please contact the Pastor, Fr. Roger Bower, at 219-477-0629.
St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church † 505 Bullseye Lake Road † Valparaiso, IN 46383
Subscribe to our newsletter The Crier